Once you’ve had your first bad boy biker, there’s no going back…
I’m in the middle of a nightmare. Taken from a Las Vegas bar because I saw something I shouldn’t have, I’m terrified and desperate to escape the clutches of the Blackthorne MC.
But I didn’t count on falling for Nick Steel, a smoking hot, tattooed, bad boy biker.
He’s wrong for me on so many levels – damaged, dangerous and ridiculously good-looking. We have nothing in common, and yet … something draws me to him, and although I know this has to end badly, I can’t resist him.
Complete story with a HEA ending and no cliffhanger.
(This romance contains steamy love scenes and lots of twists and turns.)
The moment I saw her, I knew I needed to make her mine.
I’d noticed her as soon as she’d walked in. It was hard not to. A fresh-faced college kid with sinfully hot curves, she looked completely out of place in the biker bar, and I’d guessed she’d come down with some college friends to celebrate the end of the school year.
Las Vegas, party time.
She had a cute heart-shaped face and a body to die for. The red dress she wore clung to her curves in all the right places. It was cut low enough at the front to give a hint of cleavage and made me imagine unzipping her from that dress and releasing her lush, hot curves.
God, I wanted her, but I couldn’t have her, not tonight. I was supposed to be working. I tore my eyes away from the curvy temptress and scanned the rest of the bar. Other members of the Blackthorne Gang were set up in position, but we still had at least an hour until things were due to kick-off.
An hour… I turned my attention back to the gorgeous chick, sipping her margarita. I could get a lot done in an hour.
I was about to head over and make my move when I felt a hand on my arm. That showed exactly how distracted I was. Tonight was the one night I should be keeping my guard up and know exactly when anyone was approaching me.
I turned sharply to see a slim brunette standing beside me. She flinched and took a step back at my angry glare. She swallowed hard, and then she seemed to recover herself, adjusting the straps on her dress and making sure I got an eyeful of her cleavage. She wasn’t my type, too toned and muscular for my liking. Her hair was carefully curled with not a lock out of place. Too high maintenance.
She’d probably spent at least an hour on her make up tonight.
“Hi, there,” she said. “My name is Clarissa and I wondered if you would like to buy me a drink.”
I barely looked at her. “Sorry, I’m spoken for.”
But when I turned back to claim my prize, my curvy Margarita girl had disappeared.
I threw down some cash to tip the waiter who’d been serving me and scanned the bar.
Where the hell had she gone?
From across the room, I caught a glimpse of my cute temptress at the bar placing another order.
Obviously waitress service was too slow for her. She was definitely in Vegas to party.
I checked the time. Everything was still on schedule, so I drained the rest of my beer and headed towards her.
As she picked up her drinks, she turned towards me, and as she looked up I felt my breath catch in my throat. She really was beautiful. At that moment she caught me looking at her, and her eyes widened before she quickly turned away. Her cheeks flushed.
Damn. She was hot.
Before I could get any closer, a heavily-muscled guy on her left staggered back, knocking the drinks and spilling the contents all over her.
He was a biker. I could see that much from the branding on some of his tattoos. He turned to face her with a leer.
“Here let me help you,” he said, and pretended to brush the drink from her dress, while really just taking the opportunity to cop a feel.
“Hey,” she said, trying to push him away, but her hands were full as she was still holding the half-empty glasses. “Don’t worry about it,” she said, trying to step out of his reach. But the biker had clearly enjoyed his first touch and was det
I loved this book and how she ended up falling in love with her captor and protector. I also loved that she ended up becoming friends with people she tried to hate or thought she hated. I would read more from this author because Carrie Cox is great with words.
Carrie Cox loves to write hot contemporary romances. You can find out more by visiting http://www.carriecoxbooks.com where you can also sign up to her newsletter and make sure you never miss a new release.
Ten things about Carrie:
1. I love to read all genres, but my favourite is contemporary romance, with an emphasis on alpha males.
2. My favourite authors include: Nora Roberts, Lori Foster, Bella Andre, Jasinda Wilder and Liliana Hart. All those authors have given me many happy hours of reading.
3. I’m a total sucker for billionaire bad boy romance, and I absolutely loved the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy by E. L James.
4. If I could live off salt and vinegar potato chips (aka crisps in the UK), I totally would.
5. I went to college and studied science. I’m not sure that it really helped me in my writing career, but I had fun at college!
6. I adore travelling to new places. I have visited Singapore, Malaysia, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, England, and the Middle East, but there are many more places I’d love to visit.
7. One of my favourite places in the US is Newport, Rhode Island.
8. I’m a bit of a history buff, although I can never remember exact dates! When I visited London, I loved wandering round the Tower of London and seeing where traitors used to be beheaded. Gruesome history fascinates me, but I’m very glad I don’t live in that era!
9. I’ve never learnt to drive.
10. My favourite thing about being a writer is hearing from my readers. Every time I see a new review from someone who enjoyed one of my books, or I get an email from a reader it makes me smile.
Carrie Cox is the author of the Desire series and the Broken trilogy. Currently, Carrie is hard at work planning her next book and trying to not to be distracted by Twitter and Facebook.
To find out more, visit Carrie’s website: http://carriecoxbooks.com/
Or connect with Carrie on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarrieCoxAuthor
Or Twitter: @carriecoxwrites